Quick Comparison of Complete Impedance Analyzer Range
|Frequency Range||10uHz ~ 5MHz||10uHz ~ 35MHz (PSM1700 - 1MHz)||10uHz ~ 50MHz||10uHz ~ 100kHz|
Impedance Analyzer Measurement Range
Make precise LCR measurements with the PSM+IAI range of Impedance Analyzers
N4L have developed a Impedance Analyzers with the widest measurement range available on the market. Ranging from 1mΩ to 1TΩ, N4L are able to meet the needs of a wide range of industries including electronic component analysis, power electronic systems analysis, electrochemical materials analysis, dieletric material analysis and many others. From the budget LCR Active head solution covering up to 100MΩ to the top of range IAI2 covering over 11 decades of impedance between 1mΩ to 500MΩ with excellent accuracy.
Reasons to choose an N4L Impedance Analyzer
|Wide frequency range||Wide impedance range|
|High phase accuracy||High performance to cost ratio|
|Excellent Phase Accuracy||Flexible features|
|Ability to control remotely||Full graphical display|
|Highly selective DFT analysis||Automatic range switching|
Desktop or PC Interface
The PSM range of Impedance Analyzers can be used as a stand alone test instrument, whereby measurements are made using the instrument keypad and review upon the LCD/TFT display. Alternatively, users can utilize our PSMComm2 software program to control and acquire data remotely.
Users can also write their own software control programs, for example in C, C# or VBA. Thus, the PSM can be integrated into a larger test system. Labview drivers are also available (in our support section) if required, which help Labview developers to quickly integrate the PSM/IAI impedance analyzers into their test systems.
All software is available free of charge via download through our website.
Different uses for N4L Impedance Analyzers
Impedance Analyzers can be used in a variety of ways, anything from simple LCR measurements of discrete components to material analysis of insulators and electrochemical solutions.
- Determine the ESR of filtering capacitors used within power electronic circuits at a range of bias voltage
- Determine capacitance under varying bias voltages
- Determine inductance of chokes under various bias currents
- Determine input/output impedance of any circuit or system
- Evaluate Impedance of Piezo electric circuit
- Automated LCR measurements of discrete components within an integrated test system
- Insulation resistance characterization
- Transformer winding inductance analysis
Mechanical Engineering and Material Analysis
- Concrete hardening process analysis
- Nylon bush characterisation
- Rubber mount conductivity
- Electrochemical analysis
- Fruit and vegetable ripeness analysis via impedance measurement
- Medical and biological impedance analysis
- Paint film finish analysis via impedance measurement
- Bonding impedance evaluation
- Electroplating analysis
Research Papers featuring the PSM+IAI
- Impedance spectroscopy as a tool for moisture uptake monitoring in construction composites during service. Grammatikos, S, A. Ball, R, J. Evernden, M. Jones, R, G. (2018), Elsevier.
- Battery characterization methodology for electric vehicles. Fernandez, A, G. Azarin, S, M. (2020), Universidad De Oviedo, Spain.
- Biomaterial scaffolds as a platform for focal therapy against disseminated cancer cells. Pelaez, F. (2018), University of Minnesota, USA.
- Conformal printing of graphene for single and multi-layered devices on to arbitrarily shaped 3D surfaces. Leonard, W. Ng, T. Xiaoxi, Z. Hu, G. Macadam, N. Um, D. Wu, T-C. Moal, F. Jones, C. Hasan, T. (2019), University of Cambridge, UK.
- Impedance spectroscopy as a tool for moisture uptake monitoring in construction composites during service. Niyomsatian, K. (2018), IEEE, Elsevier.
- Investigating Iron Loss Properties in an Amorphous Ring Excited by Inverters based on Silicon and Gallium Nitride. Yao, A. Tsukada, K. Fujisaki, K. (2017), IEEJ
- Modeling and Feedback Control of LLC Resonant Converters at High Switching Frequency. Park, H-P. Jung. J-H. (2016), Journal of Power Electronics.
- Scalable, Self-Aligned Printing of Flexible Graphene Micro-Supercapacitors. Hyun, W, J. Secor, E, B. Kim, C, H. Hersam, M, C. Francis, L, F. Frisbie, D, C. (2017), Advanced Energy Materials.
- Sensing of Damage and Repair of Cement Mortar Using Electromechanical Impedance. Taha, H. Ball, R, J. Paine, K. (2019), Materials Journal.
- Revisit of synchronized electric charge extraction (SECE) in piezoelectric energy harvesting by using impedance mode
Wideband Impedance Spectroscopy from 1 mHz to 10 MHz by Combination of Four- and Two-Electrode Methods. Volkmann, Jan & Klitzsch, Norbert. (2015)